The entire book of jasher pdf
The Teachings of Neville Goddard
2016.10.22 04:58 The Teachings of Neville Goddard
Devoted to the teachings of Neville Goddard.
2008.04.04 22:50 VIM - Vi IMproved
For Vim enthusiasts and anyone interested in Vim.
2008.03.27 18:25 C
The subreddit for the C programming language
2023.06.01 11:50 basmatisnail Am I wrong for being disgusted?
I’m a student nurse and one day on clinical, my preceptor and I had to give a male patient a sponge bath. He became aroused and starting moaning during the bath.
I was grossed the f out but my preceptor seemed only slightly annoyed by it. I told her that I don’t ever want to be in that position again and that I now I definitely plan on working in peds, preferably NICU after I graduate. She basically scoffed at me and said I should get over it and that I shouldn’t expect to get into the NICU as a new grad.
I really thought I could work with adults but after that experience I’ve realized there’s no way in hell I am going to care for the adult male population. I was absolutely horrified by that experience and honestly it made me question becoming a nurse entirely.
I did end up getting a job in the NICU so that nurse can eat it, but I still wonder if overreacted and shouldn’t shown, I don’t know? Empathy? It was obvious from this man’s condition that he did not get a lot of physical touch in his life but still the experience has traumatized me a little bit.
submitted by basmatisnail
to nursing [link] [comments]
2023.06.01 11:50 Elven528433 Help me find a scary story from the 3rd grade.
My third grade teacher used to bring her own books, and some of them were old, but she used to read them to us during class sometimes. One day she read us this story about a grandson that had stabbed his grandmother to death, then when he was running from authorities, he ran into quicksand, and began sinking. It took him about 3 days to sink completely (as far as I remember) and while he was still alive, his girlfriend, or a random girl from the town/village was feeding him, and feeding him rice/rice pudding or something. I vaguely remember accidentally stumbling upon what I thought was an old film version of the book on an analog channel when I was slightly older, but I never found out what it was called.
submitted by Elven528433
to Findabook [link] [comments]
2023.06.01 11:48 Present_Pressure8267 I listened to Melodrama and i think i lost my virginity
Look, i know it's not news to praise Melodrama and might me boring but i know most of y'all will never experience a 1st listen again (i only knew homemade dynamite remix and the writer in the dark).
Man, throughout the entire album i was getting chills in my balls, in my nipples, all over my body honestly. This was just too much. I was listen to this around 11:30 pm in a dark af room, i had to get my ass up and have a slow dance to hard feelings/loveless and don't even get me started on that transition.
There is a line where Lorde calls herself a toy that people get bored of (i think it was something in the lines of, i wasn't read) on Liability if i'm not mistaken. It got me running that single tear. I don't remember the last time i cried hearing something. There's another song where she whispers something like "BOOM BOOM" and i almost got hard. I was shaking my god. AND THOSE VOCALS??? softest voice ever heard. Where is the pop vocal album grammy at?
It feels like i've opened a gate that was so close yet i've lived up until now without it. I only got a step back with Supercut and Perfect Places not because they're less good, but i was drained at this point, i couldn't appreciate them as much
I'm putting this album on Norman F Rockwell level. Mister Antonoff, congrats. I wanna kiss him, i wanna kiss Lorde, i wanna kiss Lorde's mom. Please.
I need to listen to it with lyrics cause if this was IT without the lyrics, i don't even know what awaits me. I'm only afraid of listening to the album and getting used to...
Did you ever got used to it and lost that joy / first love?
submitted by Present_Pressure8267
to lorde [link] [comments]
2023.06.01 11:48 housepainterr Russell Crowe’s Mr Hyde is an evil spirit rather than an alter.
Crowe’s Mr Hyde is actually scary when you look at him. But I have a valid reason for that. Jekyll always had a psychological situation, but this time its supernatural. Jekyll made a serum that he thought could hide the evil but instead it enhanced his hidden alter ego. But Crowe’s Jekyll didn’t do this. His “transformation” was “natural”. Natural how exactly? This time he uses a serum on a daily basis to suppress the evil since the experiment failed when he tried to rid it the very first time.
This party gets interesting. The fact that Jekyll didn’t “transform” into Hyde like he usually does is a flag there. His body stayed the same. He just “shifted” personalities. You could even tell he’s possessed by his frightening evil eyes. Plus his abnormal strength on Cruise while still retaining the same size. He even mocked Cruise when he carelessly let him strike his face, hence the laughing also, then acted in self defense toward Cruise. Demons love a twisted sense of humor. Also, Jekyll being the leader of a monster-seeking organization just proves that he must have came into contact with a malevolent force, and succumbed to it becoming Mr Hyde sometime(maybe years) earlier. This partially dedicated/motivated him to become the boss of Prodigium.
Another fun fact, drugs have been shown to actually suppress demonic activity at times as opposed to inviting them. Even in ghost of mars Melanie took a pill to fend off the ghost that briefly possessed her. This Jekyll, being the brilliant scientist that he is obviously has an effective serum that keeps the evil spirit at bay.
Crowe’s Hyde is as frightening as ever and they didn’t give us enough of him, but he practically stole the entire movie. Crowe is a genius for his portrayal of the modern doctor and evil Hyde.
submitted by housepainterr
to FanTheories [link] [comments]
2023.06.01 11:48 LJpzYv01YMuu-GO First bike computer - Edge Explorer 2, Edge 530, Bolt V2?
I'm a fairly new road cyclist and looking to buy my first bike computer. I've been looking at both Wahoo and Garmin, but it's my understanding that seeing rides on a web-ui requires a third-party app like Strava, if I'm going with a Wahoo?
I'm currently riding with an Apple Watch or Garmin Forerunner 235, so am already a little in the Garmin-ecosystem. I like having access to my runs and rides on a browser. Am currently in the 20-30 km route per ride, but would like to go further.
I'm looking at the Edge 530 (235 euro / 270 euro for bundle) or Edge Explorer 2 (270 euro) and also a little at the Wahoo Bolt V2 (250 euro).
Since it'll be my first bike computer, I'm not entirely sure of the importance of differences; e.g. if buttons vs. touchscreen is a massive difference (touchscreens seems to be less useful in rainy weather - I'm located in northern Europe, so likely) or if wifi/BT-only is important (Explorer 2 is BT-only).
The Edge 530 bundle seems like a good deal, but do newbs even need the many sensors?
Also, display-wise I want to have a map and turns shown, but not the number of kilometers to my destination - is this possible in all models?
How do the different models react the road maintenance resulting in having to go off route?
So, I have zero experience with these, what should I look for and consider before choosing?
(Not too interested in using my phone on a mount)
submitted by LJpzYv01YMuu-GO
to cycling [link] [comments]
2023.06.01 11:48 AutoModerator Stirling Cooper - Prevent Premature Ejaculation (latest)
Chat us at (+) 447593882116 (Telegram/WhatsApp) to get Stirling Cooper - Premature Ejaculation Book.
Stirling Cooper - Premature Ejaculation Book will show you everything you need to know, to:
- CONTROL your urges to finish fast,
- EXTEND sex to the time it takes her to cum - and beyond, and
- INSTANTLY become her highest priority lover in no time flat!
Contact us to get Stirling Cooper - Premature Ejaculation Book!
Here’s A Breakdown Of Exactly What’s Inside Stirling Cooper - Premature Ejaculation Book
Stirling Cooper - Premature Ejaculation Book book dives into arguably the MOST
vital segments of consistently lasting longer:
- The ONLY definition of P.E. that really matters,
- The TRUE, underlying cause of P.E. - that, once fixed, will permanently eliminate the issue!
- Why you NEED to fix this problem forever - starting right now,
- Common myths, and the TERRIBLE current solutions most guys rely on (and why they make your problems worse!) and much more!
To get Stirling Cooper - Premature Ejaculation Book contact me on: Whatsapp/Telegram: (+) 447593882116 (@multistorecourses) Reddit DM to u/CourseAccess Email: silverlakestore[@]yandex.com (remove the brackets)
submitted by AutoModerator
to SuperStirlingCoop [link] [comments]
2023.06.01 11:47 JuneFernan Welp....18,000 words of Pokémon fan fiction was not the way.
Yes, I understand the hope of getting people to read fan fiction is pretty farfetched, but hear me out here...
First of all, I was basing it off the super popular Twitch Plays Pokémon event from 2014, which had hundreds of thousands of viewers for 17 straight days. Even though it was a while ago, people are still interested. This documentary
from just a couple of years ago has gained over a million views, and lots of other videos covering it have similar view counts. So I figured I'd do a detailed writeup of the whole story, from start to finish, but churn it into myth.
Second of all, I didn't have super high expectations. I would have been happy with a few shares and a handful of subscribers gained with each of the 5 parts posted. I also posted a small 850 to 1000 word column in between each part, in case people only wanted to find a quick read. So I poured out about 22,000 words of content in May. The Twitch Plays articles I really tried to blast out on Reddit, Twitter, and Discord, hoping to catch the attention of some small influencers and whatnot. Ready to see the results?
In May, I gained 1 subscriber--lost one a couple of days ago though, so netted 0. Zero comments (other than my IRL buddy), 0 shares, and view counts ranging from 35 to 180. I knew it would be hard to build a following from scratch, but I gotta say I'm pretty taken aback on just how difficult this is. I still only have 12 subscribers...
Along with all this effort, I've been trying to spread word about my upcoming novel. I've messaged podcasters, dropped messages in Discord servers, posted on Reddit and GoodReads. Seems apparent there is ZERO interest in this thing...even from gamers and e-sports enthusiasts who are creative / reader type people. I'm pretty much ready to give up on it before it has even been released.
Anyways... I'm not writing this for any pity or encouragement. Just want to say that I am entirely done trying to get the attention of gamers. Covering the business side of the industry works, but stories about gamers? No interest. Gaming content integrated into stories? No one cares. You can hand a gamer a unique novel that covers exactly what their world is, and they will just shrug.
From here, I'm moving on to satire and humor about Reddit and the internet in general. Yes I'm aware even that is fairly niche. But even getting an average view count of 250 and getting to 25 free subscribers would be pretty cool...
submitted by JuneFernan
to Substack [link] [comments]
2023.06.01 11:47 poisoned-skiesNwater Help regarding clarity
Hello all! Question- I used to have tinnitus (ringing in the ears) ie- type of ring as if shooting a gun or load noise roughly 18 years ago however within the past 2 years I have experienced hearing high pitch frequencies changing tones and patterns. Some going from one ear to the other, it's very disturbing and clearly electronic. I have some solid evidence regarding what this could be however, I wanted to reach out and see if anyone here experiences high pitch frequencies making patterns and hitting different tones. Again, tinnitus is not the issue as my doc cleared that. Miraculously I do not suffer from ringing in the ears however now it is a new, entirely different issue. Anyone in here who knows what I'm talking about? The only other individuals I can find with all of the symptoms I experience are not tinnitus sufferers but much worse. If anyone that actually knows what this is and has any real information instead of assuming or speaking on the subject with no knowledge whatsoever, that would be greatly appreciated. Thank you all!! (PS the frequencies I'm hearing sound like the ones imited from the old television sets however there are multiple frequencies instead of one and they make patterns and change tones. PSS no I've never heard voices or anything that wasn't there thank God. I'm very grateful for that
submitted by poisoned-skiesNwater
to SurveillanceStalking [link] [comments]
2023.06.01 11:47 yuplusjin Finally finished watching Mirror Image
I finally finished watching entire series and even before I got to the final episode, I happened to see people talking about Al the bartender. This got me thinking, the bar reminded me of the final episode of Life on Mars where Sam walks in to the bar....(well, I could be wrong😅)
submitted by yuplusjin
to QuantumLeap [link] [comments]
2023.06.01 11:47 travelstreet- Tips for Selecting the Ideal Travel Management Company
Choosing the right corporate travel management company is crucial for businesses aiming to optimize their travel operations. Firstly, evaluate their industry experience and reputation. Look for a company that specializes in corporate travel and has a track record of delivering exceptional services. Consider their technology solutions. A reliable travel management company should offer user-friendly platforms for booking, tracking expenses, and providing real-time updates. Assess their global network and partnerships. A company with a strong network can secure competitive rates and provide comprehensive travel options. Additionally, prioritize customer support. Analyze their cost-effectiveness and transparent pricing models to ensure they align with your budget and provide value for money. For more visit the given link: https://timesofrising.com/how-to-choose-the-right-corporate-travel-management-company/
submitted by travelstreet-
to u/travelstreet- [link] [comments]
2023.06.01 11:46 Imaginary_Map_6570 Phoenix Labs please hear me out, I have some suggestions.
I know this is most likely not going to reach Phoenix Labs, but if anyone from Phoenix Labs is reading this please hear out some of my suggestions:
- Weapon balance changes: This is personally one change that I would love to see. Even if its once or twice a season weapon special, mod or behemoth weapon changes would be a great way to shake up the meta. Imagine a world where cruel riftstrike is a meta special. It doesn't have to be meta shaking changes something simple like reducing the cooldown on phalanx weapon rockets to make them a more usable weapon would be a nice refresher to the game and could encourage more people to use the weapon.
- Make future events weapons easier or more worth the effort: lets be honest the silver sword is good but the grind is a massive put off. No one really wants to spend days of playtime to get a single weapon, but a simple fix could be to either to make the event weapons easier to get or just make each step of the quests give more rewards.
- Reduce slayer path prices: I know just playing the game will give me all the resources I need to be able to get the slayer path upgrades, but I have nearly 500 hours in the game and i probably have around half of the slayer path upgrades. Its a small change but its a quality of life change that I'm sure a lot of the casual player base would much appreciate.
- Leader board gauntlet rewards: Obviously we have trials leader board rewards such as the champions armour and weapon transmogs and something similar for gauntlet would be a good incentive for guilds to want to get higher in the gauntlet. A simple idea would be to make it like trials where there would be transmogs that are available to everyone for a certain amount of gauntlet coins and then have some reskinned transmogs for top 25 guilds that would cost more gauntlet coins or something similar.
- A new weapon: This is one that has been asked for years and I'm sure that you have heard it 1 million times but its for good reason. A new weapon would be amazing for dauntless because its been years since a new weapon was released and a new weapon would be such an amazing thing because it would allow the community to be able to learn an entirely new weapon and master it.
I hope that this reaches someone and that my voice is heard even if my ideas aren't made into a reality I hope the team at Phoenix Labs can at least hear me out on my ideas and think about them because I'm sure other people in the community would agree that some of these changes would be nice to see
submitted by Imaginary_Map_6570
to dauntless [link] [comments]
2023.06.01 11:46 SlayerOfKronos770 What do you guys think of this
So a guy from school had a story on insta, the exact wording is offensive with him calling queers bad names, but it was something like this:
"if queers can have an entire month dedicated to themselves, how come the martyrs, soldiers and front line workers of the country only have a single day dedicated to them?"
Obv he is homophobic and is to be ignored, i cannot stop thinking about this statement, please put your thoughts on this.
submitted by SlayerOfKronos770
to LGBTindia [link] [comments]
2023.06.01 11:46 ChickenParm98701 AI and its impact on publishing houses??
I dont understand AI and i dont want to know anything about it.
But how will this impact writers and publishing houses?
When submitting manuscripts to our lit agent, are we supposed to state "AI was not used"? & what if the author is lying? Can publishing houses reject manuscripts/books for being a product of AI? Is there a waterproof mark on all AI products?
I have no issue with AI books being made for "fun" but i definitely hope these books arent going to published - especially by publishing houses.
submitted by ChickenParm98701
to publishing [link] [comments]
2023.06.01 11:45 SlowerPls Bonza cancelled your flight?
TL;DR: Bonza hasn’t reimbursed me for almost $700, and if they haven’t reimbursed you, we might be able to get our money back.
I had a situation with bonza where they left me stranded in Townsville with no ability to contact support (I live in Toowoomba which is a 13 hour drive). This cost me almost $700 because I had to book last minute flights with a different airline.
This situation is not rare. On their Facebook page there are plenty of comments from people saying that this has happened to them as well.
According to the ACCC website (Australian consumer law), if the cancellation is within their control, the consumer must be provided a new flight within a reasonable timeframe or reimbursement for a flight if they had to go with a different airline.
Unfortunately, because their support channels are so small (trying my hardest not to be defamatory), they won’t help with reimbursements. That’s where I need help.
If you or anyone else you know had their flight cancelled with bonza, and was unable to contact support on the day to get a flight within a reasonable timeframe which led to having to spend ridiculous amounts on alternate flights, please send me a dm and comment on this post.
I’m trying my hardest to get a case together to present to the ACCC to get our money back, and I need numbers. Please help me.
I wanted Bonza to be as good as anyone else did and this would not be a problem if they responded to consumers, but in my experience they don’t care and it’s like talking to a brick wall.
Please reach out if you were in this situation and if not, please share your thoughts.
submitted by SlowerPls
to australia [link] [comments]
2023.06.01 11:45 Medserg Urinary Bladder Cancer Treatment in India
The bladder is a hollow, muscular, balloon-shaped organ found in the pelvic region. It holds urine produced by the kidneys until it exits the body through the urethra. The malignant growths/ tumors in the tissues of the urinary bladder are referred to as bladder cancer.
Bladder cancer that starts in cells of the bladder's inner lining is the most prevalent form (transitional cell carcinoma). Squamous cell carcinoma, which starts in the thin, flat cells lining the inside of the bladder, and adenocarcinoma, which starts in the cells that secrete mucus, are the other forms.
In India, bladder cancer therapy is available at a very low cost, with high quality medical facilities and excellent outcomes. India has recently been a popular medical tourism destination for patients from all over the world seeking treatment from world renowned doctors in India's highly accredited facilities.
Also, in India, bladder cancer therapy is accessible on a very fair and inexpensive basis. Because of its great medical facilities, India has become one of the most popular tourist destinations in the world. The cost of bladder cancer treatment varies based on the approach employed. A wide range of therapy alternatives are accessible in India. The cost of bladder cancer treatment in India is also influenced by factors such as the hospital chosen, the specialists engaged, and the doctor's expertise. https://medserg.com/treatment/bladder-cancer-treatment/
Symptoms Of Bladder Cancer
Haematuria (blood in the urine) is the most prevalent symptom and usually the first indicator of malignancy. It is usually painless and depending on the amount of blood in the urine, the urine may appear pale pink, brown, or crimson (occasionally). The blood may not be visible at times, and the urine may appear to be clear, but urinalysis may reveal minute amounts of blood (urine test). It is also possible that the blood will vanish for weeks after the initial sighting.
Urinary pattern changes include frequent urination (more than normal), burning or irritation during peeing, and unexpected desires to urinate even when the bladder is not full. These are the symptoms of bladder cancer in its early stages, and they may overlap with those of other illnesses such as urinary tract infection, bladder stones, kidney stones, or an enlarged prostate in men. In any situation, a visit to the doctor for a check-up is required.
Advanced stage symptoms include:
- Pelvic discomfort
- Inability to urinate
- Inflammation of the feet
- Bone ache
- Weight reduction that occurs unintentionally
What Are Some Bladder Cancer Risk Factors?
A person's risk of acquiring bladder cancer is increased by a few variables.
- Age: As you get older, your chances of developing bladder cancer increase. Approximately 90% of those diagnosed are above the age of 55.
- Smoking: Smoking is one of the most significant risk factors. Smokers are at least four times more likely than non-smokers to develop bladder cancer. Tobacco includes carcinogenic agents (cancer-causing substances) and is the cause of half of all bladder cancers.
- Men are three to four times as likely than women to have bladder cancer.
- Drinking water containing arsenic has also been related to an increased risk of bladder cancer. The likelihood of being exposed to arsenic is determined by where you live and the source of your drinking water.
- The second leading cause of blood cancer is exposure to specific chemicals. Bladder cancer is increased by some industrial chemicals used in the dyeing, textile, paint, leather tanning, and printing industries. Bladder cancer has also been related to some naturally occurring compounds, aromatic amines, and herbal products including aristolochic acid.
- People who have had a family member diagnosed with bladder cancer are more likely to develop the disease themselves. Changes in genes such as GST and NAT, which are involved in the breakdown of some toxins, have also been linked to an increased risk of bladder cancer.
- Long-term urinary tract infections (UTIs), kidney and bladder stones, and using bladder catheters for a long time have all been associated to the development of chronic bladder infection.
- Chemotherapy and radiotherapy-induced secondary disease: Long-term treatment with chemotherapy medicines might irritate the bladder. Bladder cancer is more likely in people who have been treated with this medicine.
- People who are exposed to radiation near the pelvic region during cancer treatment, such as bowel cancer, are more likely to develop bladder cancer.
- Schistosomiasis, which is caused by a parasitic worm going into the bladder and is mostly found in Africa and the Middle East, is also a risk factor.
Bladder Cancer Treatment Cost In India
Diagnosis Of Bladder Cancer
The distinct indications of bladder cancer in the urine and bladder are investigated using a variety of assays and techniques. The following are examples of diagnostic assessments:
- Urinalysis is a simple test that looks for blood and other chemicals in a urine sample. This test employs chemical dipsticks that change colour in the presence of chemicals such as glucose, red blood cells (RBCs), and so on.
- Urine cytology is the study of a urine sample under a microscope to look for pre-cancerous or malignant cells. For this procedure, the urologist inserts a cystoscope into the opening of the urethra and into the bladder to examine the inner lining of the organ. A camera and a lens are linked to a narrow tube, it is what is called a cystoscope. To make the procedure comfortable and soothing, the patient is usually given a local anaesthetic cream to apply to the urethra.
- Biopsy: If abnormalities are discovered during a cystoscopy, the patient will be given a biopsy operation termed "Transurethral Resection" of a bladder tumour (TURBT). The tumour (abnormal region) must be removed, and the area must subsequently be tested for malignancy. Because cancer often spreads to multiple areas, multiple samples are taken for testing to see if the cancer has migrated to surrounding bladder muscles.
- Imaging Scans: For a more exact image of the bladder, these scans allow the specialist to determine whether cancer has progressed to tissues near the bladder, urinary tract, neighbouring lymph nodes, or other organs. Imaging tests include the following:
- A dye is used in an X-ray treatment to show the kidneys, ureters, and bladder, as well as malignancies in the urinary tract. IVP (intravenous pyelogram):
- Scanning using a CT scanner
- The magnetic resonance imaging (MRI)
- Scanning of the Bone (to check for spread to the bone)
India's Bladder Cancer Treatment Options
Many treatment options for bladder cancer are accessible in India, depending on the point, and other criteria such as patient health and preferences are available.
Surgical removal of cancer cells and accompanying tissues is referred to as surgery. Various types of surgery are offered depending on the stage and extent of cancer. Surgical options for bladder cancer include:
- Trans-Urethral Bladder Tumour Resection (TURBT): This procedure is used to treat and diagnose bladder tumours. During this procedure, a cystoscope (a small tube with a light and a camera) is introduced into the bladder through the urethra. A small wire loop is attached to the end of the cystoscope and is used to remove abnormal tissues or burn the tumour with a laser or high-energy electricity (fulguration). The patient is given local anaesthetic for TURBT. In the early stages of non-muscle invasive bladder cancer, this is the most usual treatment option.
- Cystectomy: The bladder is removed entirely or in part. When there is invasive cancer, this procedure is used.
- Radical Cystectomy entails the removal of the whole bladder as well as surrounding lymph nodes. When cancer has invaded the muscle walls and is large, this surgery is used. The prostate and seminal vesicles are the adjacent organs removed in males with this procedure. The uterus, fallopian tubes, ovaries, and a portion of the vagina are among the organs removed in women. The surgeon then creates a new path for the body's urine to flow through.
- A segmental cystectomy is also known as a partial cystectomy. Only a part of the bladder is removed, together with the area of the muscle layer that has been invaded by cancer. The most significant benefit of this operation is that the patient retains his or her bladder and can urinate regularly following recovery.
- Urinary Diversion: Reconstructive surgery is used to develop an alternative method of storing and transporting pee. Various types of surgeries may be performed depending on the medical situation and the patient's preference. The three types are as follows:
- Incontinent Diversion: The surgeon removes a section of the intestine and connects it to the ureters to create a conduit for urine to exit the body. As a result, urine flows from the stoma, a hole in the skin in front of the belly, through this passageway from the kidneys to the outside world. The urine comes out in little amounts and is collected in a small bag placed over the stoma. In this process, there is no control over the flow of urine.
- Continent Diversion: A portion of the small or large intestine is utilised to produce a pouch that serves as a urinary reservoir within the body, with one end of the pouch attached to the stoma. A valve is created in the pouch, allowing urine to be stored. This method appeals to the patient because it eliminates the necessity for an external bag. Urine can be evacuated from the stoma with the use of a catheter.
- Neobladder: This is a new procedure in which the surgeon creates a new bladder (Neobladder) from a section of the intestine and connects it to the urethra. This method restores urination by rerouting urine back into the urethra. As a result, the patient will usually pass pee.
Chemotherapy is a treatment that uses medications to destroy cancer cells by preventing them from dividing and expanding. The technique can be done at the same time with a single anticancer agent or a combination of treatments (combination drug). Chemotherapy for bladder cancer involves 2 types:
- Intravesical Chemotherapy: This method is used to treat cancer in its early stages and involves injecting a chemotherapeutic agent directly into the bladder.
- Systemic Chemotherapy: For this treatment, the drugs are given as tablets or injected into a vein or muscle, where they enter the bloodstream and disseminate throughout the body.
- Radiation Therapy: This entails the use of high-energy x-rays to halt and destroy the growth of cancer cells. There are two types of radiotherapy:
- External Beam Radiation: This is the most popular type of radiation therapy, in which a system located outside the body is used to guide radiation directly to the tumour.
- Internal-Beam Radiation/Brachytherapy: This treatment uses radioactive implants, such as needles, seeds, or catheters, that can be put close or directly into the malignancy. Radiation therapy is typically used after surgery (TURBT) to kill any remaining cancer cells, as part of advanced-stage cancer pre-treatment, or to relieve symptoms like pain and bleeding caused by advanced bladder cancer.
- Biological therapy is also known as immunotherapy. This treatment is the administration of medicine to boost a person's immune system, allowing them to detect and battle cancer cells. It is necessary to employ compounds made by the body or in a laboratory to strengthen or target the immune system or restore function. The BCG vaccine is an example of biological agents used in immunotherapy after TURBT treatment. Other drugs utilised include atezolizumab, avelumab, and nivolumab. The drugs are given as intravenous (IV) infusions every 2 to 3 weeks.
submitted by Medserg
to u/Medserg [link] [comments]
2023.06.01 11:45 Blind_41 Mid-Career Crisis: Searching for Fulfilment in the IT World. Need Advice!
Hello fellow tech enthusiasts,
I'm a late-twenties IT professional, navigating the murky waters of existential crises, pondering the meaning of work, life, and how to cultivate happiness amidst ones and zeros. As I grapple with these questions, I find myself in dire need of guidance. Could anyone out there recommend books or resources specifically tailored towards managing a mid-career crisis, discovering a job you love, and cultivating happiness in the workplace? Any insight on how to rekindle the joy of heading into work each day would be invaluable.
A little about me: I've been in the IT game for about 8 years now. My career progression is the stuff of a classic IT story - starting as IT support, levelling up to IT Technician, and eventually donning the coveted mantle of a SysAdmin/System Engineer. In this role, I've largely grappled with Windows and VMware environments.
However, as technology constantly evolves, I feel like I'm standing at the station, watching the train of cloud computing and automation technologies (like Terraform and Ansible) chug away. I used to relish the challenge of learning new skills, but lately, the spark is dimming.
When work finishes, I crave respite. Pounding away at the gym or sinking into a short slumber offer temporary relief.
I'm stuck at a crossroads. On one hand, my job isn't fulfilling me anymore. I crave accomplishment and satisfaction, but my current role falls short. I'm compensated well and enjoy a solid benefits package, yet I feel entrapped. Moreover, for almost a year now, I've been under a heavy cloud of stress, and my energy levels have hit rock bottom.
On the other hand, if I quit, I face a conundrum. The thought of acquiring new qualifications or learning new skills feels Herculean, particularly as my energy reserves are depleted. I'm too exhausted, and it's as though I've lost my willingness to learn for work, a feeling that's quite alien to me. At the same time, I'm weary of the never-ending saga of managing Windows servers and virtual machines. I yearn for novelty, for innovation. My home lab, where I can experiment and innovate, gives me joy, but the repetitive tasks at work do the opposite.
I'm truly at a loss. I don't know what my next steps should be, nor do I know what job could reignite the spark of satisfaction.
So, this is my plea for help. If anyone out there has experienced a similar situation, navigated through a mid-career crisis, or simply has advice, I'd deeply appreciate your input. Share your wisdom, book recommendations, or just some friendly encouragement. I could really use it right now.
In a world where the only constant is change, how does one find stability and happiness? Let's discuss.
submitted by Blind_41
to ITCareerQuestions [link] [comments]
2023.06.01 11:45 AutoModerator [Download Course] Travis Stephenson – Simple Profit System (Genkicourses.com)
| || | submitted by AutoModerator to TheBestCheapCourses [link] [comments]
Get the course here: [Download Course] Travis Stephenson – Simple Profit System
Our website: https://www.genkicourses.site/product/travis-stephenson-simple-profit-system/
WHAT YOU GET?
- Real Training Event That Showcases EXACTLY What To Do!
- 20+ Page PDF Detailing The Entire System Step-By-Step
- No Need For Software Programs Or Other Automation Upsells!
- This Has Nothing To Do With Taking Calls Or Selling People!
- The Ability To Earn Income In Your Spare Time Immediately After The Call
If you're wondering why our courses are priced lower than the original prices and are feeling a bit suspicious (which is understandable), we can provide proof of the course's contents. We can provide a screenshot of the course's contents or send you a freebie, such as an introduction video or another video from the course, to prove that we do have the course. Should you wish to request proof, we kindly ask you to reach out to us.
Please be aware that our courses do not include community access. This is due to the fact that we do not have the authority to manage this feature. Despite our desire to incorporate this aspect, it is, unfortunately, unfeasible.
Explore affordable learning at Genkicourses.site
🎓! Dive into a world of quality courses handpicked just for you. Download, watch, and achieve more without breaking your budget.
2023.06.01 11:45 AffectionateCap5838 Creepy picture book involving wolf/dog-like mechanical monsters and spaghetti
This is a long-shot but I have a memory of a bizarre picture book that I used to read in the early 2000s. The book may have been from the 80s or 90s. I don't know whether it was intentionally meant to be scary but the illustrations were very creepy and dark for a child. I think it involved a wolf-like monster that looked somewhat mechanical. I can't remember the premise of the story but I remember one page (I think towards the end) involving food - I think spaghetti and meatballs and I'm pretty sure this also had pieces of metal and things like nails and screws in it. I also remember the monster opening its jaws really wide and it almost having coraline-like eyes. Now that I'm typing I have a vague recollection that the monster eats and eats and eats until he eventually pukes it all back up. Nobody else in my family remembers it so it would be great to know I'm not completely insane.
submitted by AffectionateCap5838
to whatsthatbook [link] [comments]
2023.06.01 11:44 Inner_Chemistry6346 Elbow popping in push-up
My right elbow always pops when I do a push up. A few people I talk to tell me it’s because my joints aren’t ready for the exercise yet and I need to go back to previous variations of the push-up but I never feel my like I’m actually working out my chest when I do the other ones where as I feel my chest the entire time I do the actual push ups. I’m 6’3 and 335lbs. Down from 375lbs. Opinions? Suggestions? I don’t want to be this big. I’m eating 2,400 calories and doing work outs with my body weight and two 25lbs dumbbells and two 30 pound dumbells for reference
submitted by Inner_Chemistry6346
to bodyweightfitness [link] [comments]
2023.06.01 11:44 Thurien Six supplements that helped me a lot with the negative sides of HSP
Hi all! I thought I'd make a quick post on what I've found so far regarding helpful supplements that aid specifically with HSP-related problems. Most of these supplements are focused in one way or another on reducing overstimulation, increasing mental stability and flexibility, and making the mind less cluttered. I always compare being overstimulated to carrying around a bucket in your head that's full, and these supplements helped me in emptying that bucket more quickly.
Note that I don't think HSP is something to be 'cured'. It is potentially a great gift, and the below supplements are only meant to alleviate some of the difficulties that come with being HSP.
I also don't believe that supplements are miracle pills that will change everything. These supplements are just adjuncts. You still need to put the work in yourself by going to therapy, meditating, taking enough rest, developing self-love and finding balance in your daily life. I see these supplements as a big help to those goals.
- N-Acetyl-Cysteine (NAC): 600-1800mg per day, divided in 1-3 doses. I use the NOW brand. NAC is an antioxidant that helps me tremendously in decluttering my head. I feel more 'empty' and I worry and overthink less. NAC is very famous also in OCD and limerence (unhealthy crushes) circles for reducing rumination. NAC balances dopamine and glutamate release, which is why it's also very effective for addictions.
- Lithium orotate: 5-20mg per day, at night. I use the Swanson brand. Lithium orotate is a safe and benign version of the essential mineral lithium. Lithium has gotten a bad reputation because in 'regular' doses of 600-1800mg lithium carbonate, it has a lot of side effects. Lithium orotate is taken in doses that are magnitudes smaller than this, and as such the side effect profile is very positive and doesn't require blood tests. Out of all supplements I've ever tried (a lot), this microdose of lithium orotate has had the biggest positive impact on my emotion regulation and mental stability. It's enabled me to live a normal life. It partly works by raising serotonin levels, which HSPs are known to have less of. It also influences COMT, which is the enzyme that breaks down dopamine and (nor)epinephrine. People with a slow COMT are often referred to as 'Worriers' as opposed to 'Warriors'. Lithium speeds up COMT, which I feel makes the impact of stressful situations last a little shorter. I highly, highly recommend this supplement. Be sure to start with a low dose (there are 1 and 5mg pills available online) and work your way up slowly.
- Magnesium l-threonate: 2000mg containing 144mg elemental magnesium, divided in 1 daily and 2 nightly doses. I use the NOW brand. Magnesium l-threonate is a novel version of magnesium that is able to get into the brain, where it calms the mind. It has been found to be helpful in the extinction of fears, and boosts the efficacy of cognitive therapy for anxiety. It has also helped my focus a ton. I have found that magnesium l-threonate increases my desire for social interaction, raises my overstimulation threshold, and calms my mind down. I have made great progress in tackling my social anxiety using it. Other forms of magnesium are also helpful, and much cheaper (like glycinate), but I've found that threonate is the only version that gives me consistent mental benefits.
- Very Low Dose Abilify (VLDA): 1-2,5mg per day, in the morning. This one is thanks to my therapist. I'm generally anti-pharmaceuticals, but she suggested that an extremely low dose of aripiprazole (Abilify) is often prescribed to reduce Sensory Processing Sensitivity. In 'regular' doses of 15-40mg, Abilify is an atypical antipsychotic that mostly blocks the dopamine D2 receptor. However, in very low doses of 1-2.5mg, Abilify has an entirely different mode of action. It acts as a dopamine stabilizer, raising dopamine levels where they are low, and lowering them where they are excessively high. This means it's an effective mood stabilizer, works well against addictions, and raises my motivation and energy levels. In this microdose, I have experienced none of the side effects that could occur at regular levels. If you decide to try this, be sure to talk to your psychiatrist and be sure to start low and go slow. I built up my dose by breaking 2.5mg pills into quarters and slowly working my way up. I have found it tremendously beneficial.
- Fish oil: two tablespoons daily. I use the Carlson brand. A good fish oil (Carlson or Nordic Naturals) has beneficial effects on dopamine, serotonin, and more. I have found it has helped tremendously with blue-sy feelings. I feel more positive and have more energy. It's a must, unless you eat fish multiple times per week.
- L-theanine. 200-800mg daily, divided into 1-4 doses. L-theanine is very famous. People put it in their coffee to prevent overstimulation. I do the same, it helps me be clear-headed and productive, and as an HSP I am sensitive to caffeine and this helps with the jittery side effects. I also take it before bed for the deepest sleep ever. I never wake up when I take l-theanine.
Overall, these six supplements together have made me into a more stable, emotionally healthy, and happy human being. They have made therapy more effective, as I'm less emotionally reactive and have more capacity to change my behaviours. They have also really benefitted my meditation practice, as my head is more calm and empty. I have always had this 'wild horse' inside of me kicking around (being overstimulated all the time), and these supplements have calmed my overexcited nervous system down so much. They are all affordable (except the magnesium l-threonate, but it's well worth it) and without major side effects.
These supplements might not be what every HSP needs, but for me they work very, very well to 'empty my bucket'. I feel like I can enjoy the positive sides of being HSP more, as opposed to being caught in the struggles and challenges that being HSP brings with it! :)
submitted by Thurien
to hsp [link] [comments]
2023.06.01 11:44 actowiz How Traveling Companies Can Utilize Web Data for Winning Customers?
| || | submitted by actowiz to u/actowiz [link] [comments]
Utilizing web data has become essential for travel companies to attract and retain customers. By harnessing the power of web data, these companies can gain valuable insights into the travel market, including regional dynamics, pricing trends, inventory availability, supply chain information, and consumer behavior. This data not only reveals what customers are currently doing but also uncovers crucial trends and even enables companies to anticipate their competitors' next moves.
In this blog, we will explore the following topics:
- The unique challenges of collecting data in the travel industry
- How travel companies are leveraging web data to optimize their operations and gain a competitive edge
By understanding the challenges associated with data collection in the travel industry
and learning how successful companies are leveraging web data, readers will gain valuable insights into the strategies and tactics that can drive success in the ever-evolving travel market.
Challenges of Gathering Data in the Traveling Industry
Challenges of Competitor Intelligence
The travel industry poses unique challenges when collecting data, particularly in the context of competitor intelligence
. Two primary challenges arise when attempting to gather real-time travel data, such as pricing and bundled offerings, from target websites: Competitor sites implementing rate limitations:
When a single IP address generates a high traffic volume, competitor websites may detect this as data scraping activity and block or restrict access. These rate limitations hinder the collection of comprehensive and up-to-date data. Accessing GEO-specific information:
Many travel websites tailor their information based on the user's geographical location. This presents challenges for businesses operating in different regions as they may encounter distorted or restricted access to data when trying to gather information from websites in other geographies. For example, a hotel in New York may face difficulties accessing and analyzing pricing information from Japanese online travel agencies (OTAs) to understand how prices are displayed to Japanese consumers.
Overcoming these challenges requires innovative solutions and techniques to bypass rate limitations and access GEO-specific information effectively. By overcoming these obstacles, travel companies can acquire accurate and comprehensive data to inform their strategies and stay competitive.
Using an API for data collection, both in general and specifically in the travel industry, presents several challenges that need to be addressed: Stale Data:
One of the common challenges is retrieving stale data, which refers to obtaining information that is not the most up-to-date version available on the target site. This can be problematic for travel companies offering the most competitive deals based on the latest information. Relying on outdated data may result in missed opportunities or inaccurate pricing. Concurrent Requests:
Many APIs limit the number of active sessions a user can run simultaneously. These limitations can become a significant constraint for online travel agencies (OTAs) that need to scan numerous industry sites concurrently to stay competitive. It hinders their ability to efficiently gather comprehensive and real-time data
across multiple sources. API Call Limitations:
Another challenge is restricting the number of API calls that can be made within a specific timeframe. Travel sites must carefully select the target data to retrieve and calculate precise batch sizes to optimize usage. Such limitations can hinder the company's ability to freely monitor the web for emerging travel trends and consumer behavior, limiting their data-driven opportunities. Batch Size Limitations:
Some target sites may limit the batch size for data requests. For instance, if a target site allows only 100 records per request, retrieving a significant amount of data will take multiple requests. This results in slower data retrieval, making it more challenging for companies to quickly pivot, react, and proactively respond to market shifts.
Addressing these API-related challenges requires companies to implement efficient strategies and techniques. They may need to optimize their data collection processes, carefully manage API call limits, and find ways to overcome stale data issues. By overcoming these obstacles, travel companies can effectively leverage web data to make informed decisions, identify market trends, and gain a competitive edge.
How Companies Leverage Web Data to Optimize Operations
Case Study: A Hotel Chain Monitoring Third-Party Distribution Channels Company Profile:
The hotel chain is a mid-sized establishment located in the US, primarily serving leisure customers. Their business heavily relies on online travel agencies (OTAs) for room bookings. The Challenge:
The hotel chain faces a common issue with OTAs adjusting prices without their knowledge, potentially impacting its brand reputation. To address this, they must collect accurate data from various third-party sites to gather evidence and enforce their operating agreement. The Solution:
The company has adopted a data collection network that utilizes a Rotating Residential IP network. This network assigns real individuals' IP addresses globally, ensuring unlimited concurrent requests. By routing each request through different devices, they can bypass rate limitations and obtain real-time data directly from the live target sites. Key Benefits:
With this solution in place, the hotel chain can now accurately monitor third-party vendors' pricing practices. They can identify instances where rates fall below their pre-defined and agreed-upon thresholds, enabling them to take appropriate actions to maintain pricing integrity.
By leveraging web data effectively, companies can overcome operational challenges and make informed decisions to optimize their performance in the competitive market landscape.
Case Study: An Online Travel Agency (OTA) Analyzing Competitive Offers
travel bundles, including flights, rental cars, and accommodations. They face numerous market competitors operating in a highly competitive and dynamic industry.
The Challenge: The OTA needs to gather real-time data on how their competitors present similar offers to diverse target audiences across geolocations. However, their head office being in Germany, poses difficulties in accessing specific sites due to IP blacklisting and regional restrictions. The Solution:
The company has implemented a Web Unlocker tool to overcome these challenges. This tool automates IP rotation and incorporates Machine Learning (ML) algorithms to overcome target site blocks and restrictions. It allows the OTA to access competitor sites without triggering rate limitations or encountering geographical restrictions. Key Benefits:
By leveraging the Web Unlocker tool, the OTA can stay competitive and tailor their travel bundles to their specific ecosystem. They receive real-time updates on changes in competitor offers, enabling them to strategically adapt and pivot their bundle offerings accordingly.
With enhanced access to web data and the ability to analyze competitive offers, the OTA gains a competitive edge. It can make data-driven decisions to optimize its services and meet the evolving needs of its target audience.
In conclusion, the travel industry faces various challenges when effectively collecting and utilizing web data. Issues such as stale data, concurrent requests, and limited access to competitor information in real-time can hinder a company's ability to gain a competitive advantage and increase market share.
However, companies can overcome these challenges by leveraging advanced solutions and technologies. A reliable network can enhance data collection capabilities and success rates. By accessing real-time and accurate information, companies can make informed decisions, stay ahead of the competition, and thrive in the crowded travel market.
Embracing data-driven strategies and utilizing web data effectively can empower travel companies to optimize operations, improve customer satisfaction, and drive business growth. With the right tools and insights, companies can make strategic moves, offer competitive pricing, optimize inventory, and cater to customer preferences, ultimately leading to success in the dynamic travel industry.
For more information, call Actowiz Solutions now! Contact us for all your mobile app scraping
and web scraping
or instant data scraper
SOURCES >> https://www.actowizsolutions.com/traveling-companies-utilize-web-data-for-winning-customers.php
TAG : # web scraping travel industry
# scraping travel data
# web scraping tourism industry
# Traveling Web Data scraping
# Data Scraping in Travel Industry
2023.06.01 11:44 AutoModerator [REQUEST] Christian The A.i. Guy – Ai Magnate